In 2020 we hosted our first Wellbeing Week at Pennthorpe, which was an amazing success.
During the week we had several ‘Tea and Talk’ sessions for parents, and an evening talk from a visiting integrative psychotherapist Caroline Southerden. Following these sessions, we were inundated with requests for the materials to be shared. In light of this, we have put together a series of brochures that cover the key messages and themes from all of the talks that took place.
Looking after our own mental health and wellbeing, as well as that of the children in our care, has never been more crucial. We believe the brochures below provide parents with some useful information and food thought as they navigate the ups and downs of being a parent.
- Title Open File
- "Raising Mentally Healthy children" - A talk by Integrative Psychotherapist Caroline Southerden
- “Parenting the Modern Teen”. Hosted by Mrs Tusler, aimed to help with understanding, connecting and communicating with your teen or tween in a disconnected, distracted and digital world.
- “Flourishing Families”. Hosted by Mrs Waller, looking at the benefits of positive psychology and how it can be applied to the family context to help children flourish.
- “Mind The Gap”. Hosted by Mrs Evans, exploring ‘top tips’ on how to reduce that gap effectively between you and your increasingly independent child.
- “Let’s Talk About It” Hosted by Mrs Vernon, focusing on opening the way to meaningful conversations with your child.
- “Health, Happiness and Emotional Wellbeing in your child’s early years”. Hosted by Mrs Maclean looking at how we support children with transitions through life and help them to gain an understanding of their feelings and emotions through everyday challenges.
- The Pennthorpe Wellbeing Week 2020 schedule