For those of you who love stats, here are a few impressive numbers showing Pennthorpe’s achivements in 2018/19!
- 100% of Year 8 students gained a place at their first choice of school
- 40% of Year 8 students gained a scholarship at senior school entry
- 90% of Year 6 students have already been offered between one and three school places for 2021 entry into senior schools for Year 9
- 63 different extra-curricular activities were offered across the school year
- 48 additional enrichment classes for gifted, able and talented students have been enjoyed from Year 1 to 8 this year
- 372 sporting fixtures were enjoyed by students from Year 2 to 8
- 56 trips and outings have taken place: ranging from a visit to see ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’ to London galleries, mountain climbing in Wales, skiing in the French Alpes to
gathering in the Houses of Parliament. Children have camped in their classrooms, stroked spitting cockroaches and in October 2019 we take on Iceland!
- 23 performances and concerts have been staged, including the fabulous Year 7 ‘We Will Rock You, the Lower Schools Strictly Come Dancing Nativity and the Beehives Enormous
- 25k was raised by our Friends of Pennthorpe (FoP) who organised a multitude of events for our children and our parent community including the rather spectacular transformation of the Sports Hall for the Ball in March